2010年1月12日火曜日

Presentation No.1 Reflections and Self-Analysis

1. Purpose/Message
-Reflection: I tried to convey how philosophical thinking may have something to do with our life and I made an attempt to connect it to our daily life situation such as TV news and university choice though three minutes was not enough to totally convey what I intended to say.
-Ideas for Improvement: I could have focused more on one or two of the aspects rather than giving many examples and explaining each of them in detail. Logistics should be considered more carefully with several times of rehearsal.

2. Voice Usage
-Reflection: I think the rate and tone of my speech was fairly appropriate at the beginning but as I went on, my voice shows some signs of nervousness due to the time limitation. My words were sometimes unclear and I lost fluency in the middle of the presentation.
-Ideas for improvement: I could rehearsed several times to manage time more effectively so that I do not have to worry too much about the time and also for making my speech more fluent and easy to hear.

3. Body Language
-Reflection: I tried to look calm but my hands move around rather too much. I succeeded in making eye-contancts to a certain extent and also referred to powerpoint by pointing at it .
-Ideas for improvement: Since nervousness lead me to move my hands too much, rehearsing it and feeling confident may help in reducing my hand movement that are unecessary.

4. Visuals
- Reflection: I thought that my text information was clear and conprehensible though I was not able to make full use of images because I did not have enough time to see audiences' reaction in detail.
- Ideas for improvement: I could choose one or two of the images and take more time on each of them. I may be able to choose more appropriate and easy to understand images so that audience can follow the presentation.

5. Preparation & rehearsal process

- Reflection: I did not have time to rehearse the presentation beforehand and as a result, my presentation became too long and disorganised.
- Ideas for Improvement: I need to spend more time on looking for appropriate images and also to rehearse before the actual presentation.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿