2010年2月23日火曜日

AEP reflection

Final reflection on my Presentation Skill

a) What are the most valuable things you learned about the process of preparing and delivering presentations?

I've learnt how it is important to manage time appropriately and for doing that, we need to be prepared and well-rehearsed. However, writing the whole script may not always the best way but to have a bullet-form notes for checking key points may help me speak making eye-contact.
Another thing that I think is valuable is the visuals that are comprehensible and also impressive. I used to make powerpoint slides that are easy to see, easy to understand but usually boring and too neat. Through the course, I came to notice that visuals really counts and without good and impressive visuals, even if the content is great, it will not remain in audience's mind.

b) In what presentation skill areas do you feel you have made progress or improved your awareness?

I think that the process of preparation and rehearsal was the skill that I have improved the most. I have never done such a thing as a proper rehearsal before presentation. It was even fine without doing it beforehand but I now know that it really makes a difference in terms of time management, confidence, fluency and a comprehensible flow of the presentation.
Also, I was more careful about choosing images to show and my visual making skills improved. I am now asking myself why I need images, for what purpose, how do I present it to increase its effects.

c) What points do you want to improve further in your future presentations? How can you improve those?

I would like to speak more fluently and try to really "convey my message". In order to do this, I will have to really know what I am talking about and for that, asking for feedbacks from friends or teachers and also to rehearse it many times is important.
Also, Q&A management is another thing that I need to work on more. I have to be aware of the fact that I tend to talk for too long and in the end, I forget what the question was acually asking. Being more careful in catching the very "point" of the question and focus on answering that is my future goal.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Mai,

    I'm glad to see that you picked up many insights into effective presentation skills, especially in terms of the preparation process and use of visuals.

    I hope you can continue to improve your ability to prepare, rehearse, and deliver presentations (and do Q&A) confidently!

    Mark

    返信削除